One of the harmless forms of exercise nowadays is walking. You can lose one pound per week or more, dependent on how often you walk. Only with walking you can lose more than 20 pounds in five months without going at the gym or going on a diet.
You can ton your muscles and improve your health while shedding pounds and inches from your body. You will love this easy and beneficial exercise routine once you learn how to implement the principles of walking to lose weight into your life.
How to Lose Weight by Walking?
Number of calories that can be burn with walking depends on your body weight and walking place. Normally if you walk with speed of 4 miles per hour (regular speed) you can burn around 400 calories per hour.
But you don’t need to go only 4 miles a day. For example, if you walk plus 3 miles, you can burn extra 300 calories per day. Also you can walk a shorter distance, just combine it with your schedule. There is a device called pedometer to help you to burn some extra calories while walking and doing your daily plan.
Pedometers and Weight Loss
If you are attempting to get in shape with walking, one of the best things that you can do to help to increase the chances for your efforts is to go out and purchase a quality pedometer or a wrist band that can track your everyday exercises.
Pedometer is a useful gadget that you place to your outfit close to your hip region. It is light weight and has a lot of features. The important feature is checking the quantity of steps you take amid your workout or through your whole day.
If you want to find out how many miles you need to lose extra pounds, you have to figure out how many you are currently covering. This way, you will see how much you have to expand your steps, or distance every day to see bettering in the number on the scale.
So, if you take 8,000 steps with your current routine and daily habits, and you are not losing weight, the quantity of steps that you have to expand your daily distance to get thinner is just an issue of math; expanding your mileage as per the quantity of calories you need to burn (more details on that below).
How Many Steps To Take to Lose Weight?
An average person needs to take about 2.000 steps in the average mile to lose weight. For one mile – 100 calories can be burn. The pedometer will keep track of your steps, how many calories you burn and how many miles you walk daily. Also it is a big help if you don’t have to workout. You can simply add steps to your daily routine.
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound = 3.500 calories
- Loss 1 Pound weight per week = 500 calories daily.
- You need to take 10.000 steps daily to lose 1 pound per week.
Here are some ideas how to fit the walking in your busy day if 10,000 steps sound a lot (you don’t need to start from 10,000 steps. Start slowly – just you will lose less weight)
- Get off the bus and walk the rest of the way to work or to home.
- Park the car far away from your destination and walk the distance.
- You can walk to the station instead of taking bus or car.
- Don’t use lift, take the stairs instead
- Walk the children to school.
You can keep track or the number of pounds you lost or how many calories you burned, depending what kind of pedometer you have. This data helps you stay informed regarding your advancement by giving you a reasonable picture of what you have physically accomplished amid your walk.
Because of the critical elements recorded you will want to buy a decent quality pedometer (like this one) to guarantee each step is checked. As indicated by the American Medical Association, wearing a pedometer is crucial to long haul weight control and effective weight reduction
How to Keep it Interesting
- Keep your routine interesting and switch thing around, because walking the same old track can be boring.
- Walk outside at different areas, parks, neighborhoods, or listen some music to enjoy, motivate and energize you to finish the daily walking.
- Don’t stop with your daily walk because of cold winter weather. Buy a treadmill and put it in front of a television or window. You can enjoy in nature with looking through windows during walking, or savor every minute of your favorite show in front of television.
- You can invite friend or a family moment to join you. Even if they walk with you once in a week, it is still good way to mix up your daily routine. You can be bored with same old routine, even if you are dedicate walker. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Switch up your routine and keep in interesting as much as you like.
We all know how to walk and have been doing so since we were a little kid. And throughout the years bad stance and habits may have made you to have less desirable walking standards.
When you are walking for exercise you will focus your eyes about 100 feet toward, keep your chin up, squeeze your glutes and pull in your abdomen towards your spine. This walking style can help you to achieve the maximum from your workout.
How Often to Walk
Before starting with this daily routine you will have to consult your primary physician to be sure you are healthy to participate in the activity
When you get the approval from the physician, you will need to start walking three days per week for 15 to 20 minutes. Then you will increase the frequency until you are walking 30 to 60 minutes for one day, every day of the week.
You will be happy to know that this exercise is one of the best things you can do to lose weight. Just with walking you can lose over 50 pounds in one year without a diet.