Here is a great recipe that can completely replace the “regular” milk in your life. It is the so called almond milk, which you can prepare it by yourself, without too much hassle.
The almond milk is very mild flavor, and it is perfect for those who are lactose intolerant. It can also be used as a “regular” milk replacement in the preparation of cakes, cookies etc… The almond milk has very low glycemic index and does not cause hormonal imbalances such as is the case with soy milk.
Yes, it is more than true that you can buy almond milk pretty easy today, as it is available in almost any market. But along with this almond milk comes a lots of sugar, preservatives, stabilizers, and other not-so-natural ingredients.
The good news is that you can prepare the almond milk by yourself, and the process it pretty damn easy.
So, how to make almond milk by yourself…? Here comes the recipe!
– Mug 250 ml almond
– 4 cups filtered water
– Pods of vanilla (optional)
– Dates or honey (optional)
- Place the almonds in a bowl, cover them with water and let soak along with half a teaspoon of salt, at least 12 hours.
- Once the almonds are soaked, drain them well and put them in a blender along with 4 cups (1 L) of water. Start mixing them until you get a creamy liquid.
- Once you are done with the blending, strain the liquid through a thick gauze and put the drained liquid back into the blender. Add the vanilla seeds, dates or honey, and mix the liquid again for 10-20 seconds and that’s it. The almond milk is ready.
- Pour the milk into a glass bottle or jar. Thus prepared milk of almonds can stand in the refrigerator for one week.
The grounded almonds that left, can be used to prepare cakes or cookies, or you can deploy them on a large baking pan lined with wax paper and place in the oven to dry them. After that once again grind them in a blender or coffee grinder and you will get a very tasty almond flour that can be used as a flour for cakes.