Most of us wish for a solution, some magical pill that could take away all our aches and pain. But what if there was a way to reset your body, rather than treat it? This simple technique using only an ice-cube results in an amazing cure-all, from insomnia to asthma, thyroid issues to joint pain.
This treatment is actually a form of acupressure, a Chinese medicine practice that uses precise finger placement and pressure over specific points along the body. This pressure release is similar to methods used in acupuncture, except without the needle.
This is how to properly target the Feng Fu pressure point:
Feng Fu point is located at the bottom of your skull cap at the top of your neck vertebrae. When looking for this spot with your fingers, it should feel like a small divot or hole where the bones meet. Lie on your stomach, take your ice cube and place it right at the point indicated and hold it there for 20 minutes.
If you don’t have time to lie there for 20 minutes, secure it with a scarf and go about your day.
How often are we supposed to do it?
Do this regularly in the morning before breakfast and at night before bed with breaks of 2-3 days.
Don’t be alarmed, after 30-40 seconds you’ll feel some heat at the Feng Fu point but keep doing it and within the first few days of continuous use, you’ll feel a europhic sense while your body releases endorphins.
The benefits of this acupressure point include:
- Improve the digestive system
- Eliminate frequent colds
- Decrease headache, toothache and joint pain
- Improve your breathing, cardiovascular system
- Manage neurological disorders, degenerative changes in the spine
- Treat gastrointestinal and sexually transmitted infections
- Manage disorders of the thyroid gland
- Help with arthritis, hypertension and hypotension
- Manage disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, obesity and malnutrition
- Reduces cellulite, especially in the initial phases.
- Manage menstrual disorders, PMS, infertility
- Manage psycho-emotional disorders, stress, chronic fatigue, depression, insomnia
It is important to NOT use this treatment if you are pregnant, use a pacemaker, or suffer from schizophrenia.