Here we have a super simple honey garlic shrimp recipe, all done in the comfort of your skillet. It’s yummy, it’s healthy and so easy to make.
When I say super easy, I mean five ingredient easy and less than 15 minutes cooking time easy. Shrimp cooks so quickly, it’s such a great fast fix for any meal of the day.
I used jumbo peeled shrimp with tail on for these. They just tend to look better in pics. But you can use whatever kind of shrimp you like or can easily get your hands on.
We begin by making your honey garlic sauce which is basically just some honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Tada! I wasn’t lying when I said simple.
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade2.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.