There was a belief for a long time that the Norwegians owed their beautiful skin simply to this drink. This remedy was suggested for long as well as quality life also by the well known Dr. Paavo.
A man named Thomas Parr, modest English farmer, holds the record for the oldest person in the world- he lived 152 years! Thomas lived 1 ½ century thanks to the drink he consumed everyday- whey.
Even if you don’t live up to 152 year, the fact is this drink is one of the healthiest.
Health Benefits of Whey
Whey works miracles for your health and you can drink it from the moment you are born till the day you die. Whey is liquid that contains 1% albumen and 93% water. Whey is rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, cobalt, manganese, vitamins, important enzymes and amino acids. The best things is-in 100 gr. of whey, there are only 2 calories.
The Healthiest Drink for Liver Diseases
Healthy liver is a key for good health and whey is a powerful liver cleanser. If you’re suffering from any kind of liver disease, start drinking whey every day. Whey contains Beta-lactoglobulin that feeds your organism with amino-acids (BCAA) that help with liver diseases. Experts claim that BCAA improve the quality of live in people diagnosed with cirrhosis.
Great for Losing Weight and Stamina
If you’re a sport addict, you’re trying to lose weight or you’re feeling stresses then you should definitely add whey in your daily menu. Whey is rich in electrolytes, it keeps your body hydrated and it gives you more energy. Whey is the main ingredient in the production of proteins and all athletes use proteins as supplements. Whey will help your muscles recover quicker and will help you build bigger muscles. Whey is also good for your nerves because it reduces blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
Natural Digestion Remedy
Whey reduces bacteria accumulated in your intestines and regulates the pH levels in your stomach. Whey is highly recommended if you’re suffering from constipation, bloating, cramps and intestine inflammations. This old, folk remedy can also help you with exhaustion, stress, over eating, high blood pressure, candida and it will help you get rid of toxins accumulated in your organism.
Preparation and Usage
The best part is that you can make your own whey from raw milk or you can just buy it from healthy food stores. Goat whey is the best. The most important part is not to use milk from animals that were fed with hormones. From 2.5 gallons of milk you can get 2.3 gallons of whey and 2 pounds of cheese (yogurt).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 quart or liter of milk (you can add more or less depending on how much you want to make… just adjust the ratios)
- a saucepan
- vinegar or lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- paper towels or a cheese cloth
- Any flavoring or spices you want
1) Get your milk and start to boil it on a medium to low heat. Keep a close eye on it because you don’t want it to get too hot.
2) When you start to notice a bunch of bubbles around the rim of the sauce pan add the vinegar or lemon juice and stir it around. The mixture should separate pretty quickly into curds and whey. If it doesn’t just add a little more vinegar or lemon juice until it does. The curds are the solid looking things and the whey is the liquid.
3) Get a strainer (cover it in paper towels or cheese cloth if you want to keep the curds and make it into cheese). Separate the curds from the whey. Let the whey cool down in the fridge for a while and then add any ingredients. Some suggestions for flavoring: Nutmeg, cinnamon, honey, chocolate… just test it out and see what works for you. The taste might be different for some people if it is, just dilute it with something else like water, or juice.
Whey is a natural diuretic and that’s why it’s recommended drinking it in moderate. You can start drinking 5 oz. three times a day and then gradually increase the amount. If you have any digestion problems, mix 1 tbsp. whey with a glass of water and drink that before your meal. You can also use whey for skin and hair care.